Air speed violation under 10k

Hi all

Just wanted to gather the community thoughts on whether we should be using AGL or MSL (or a mixture) for 250Kts violation we have.

At high altitude airports using MSL does not work as you mean reach 10K MSL at just 2000 AGL in some cases. Going the other way doesnt work for low altitude areas.

Any thoughts?

6 Likes

I reckon in my personal opinion we should keep it as MSL, because when the terrain keeps changing then it might causes some violations.

For example if something is flying over the Himalayan mountains and they where above 10,000 MSL then it would stay the same, but if it was AGL, they might be sleeping during a long-haul and could rack up violations if it was AGL, as the altitude could be read as being under 10,000 AGL.

4 Likes

Ive gotten a violation flying into Amsterdam, even tho in infinite flight I was not speeding. I prefer MSL, but a mixture of both could be nice.

4 Likes

Yeah i think the mixture route may work taking the lowest/highest of the two (depending on violation)

5 Likes

True. that could cause problems

5 Likes

I think the speed should be based on the altitude that Infinite Flight monitors, which would be MSL. And not having to wait at 10 thousand feet AGL (at high altitude airports) and be able to increase speed without being penalized in Infinite Passengers, a mix would be perfect.

3 Likes

I’m going to say MSL on this one. The terrain can keep changing in different areas which may cause issues.

4 Likes

Yeah decided to stick with MSL for normal situations but AGL where the ground is at least 3000 above sea level. i believe this will cater for most situations.

6 Likes

Completely agree with you!

1 Like

New beta out now will fix this.
Should be released live today/tomorrow.

5 Likes

I don’t want to test it when it’s released, cause it will harm my reputation :sweat_smile:. But I hope that it works well and helps some of my problems with violations from before.

Thank you for the update!

Now that’s dedication :heart:

4 Likes

This community is full of dedication. Its amazing. Like somebody suggests Fiji Airways Sounds, he adds it straight off. The Delta Sounds are outdated, he fixes it straight off. This community is amazing and the mods are great as well, everything they say is personalised, they interact with people, vote for features just like we do. They are real people and show it instead of setting autopilot and copying and pasting a response. Although lets hope they can keep it up as the community gets bigger. Only a question of time.

6 Likes

We sure will! We are all human, so there ain’t no autopilot for us. The autopilot is going to remain disengaged.

1 Like

It should definitely be under 10k MSL. The altimeter in IF uses MSL (like all altimeters) and needs to be kept that way or else people are going to have to figure out when 10K AGL is for the region they are flying in

OK the most recent update (out yesterday) takes both situations into account. in most cases its MSL.

With exception of high altitude areas (ZUBD for example) where is uses AGL.

6 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I’ve been waiting for something like this

1 Like

And we’re supposed to magically know which will apply? Just keep it as MSL for simplicity’s sake

1 Like

Definitely, I suggest to stay with the MSL, as in real aviation.
For high elevated airports we can refer to the STAR charts, reporting altitudes and approach speeds.
Tonight I just got an air speed violation while overflying a Greek island at 12,000ft above MSL during the actual FNF. :frowning:
Blue skies

5 Likes

Ok Ill look into it.