All In One Support Platform For Infinite Passengers (remove freshdesk and make only community)

I have a suggestion to contribute to the growth of the Infinite Passengers forum. I notice there is a freshdesk forum support option but I don’t think it’s good. I think you could merge all of the support to here in the community meaning more users will sign up and activity. I personally don’t see a reason for an app to have 2 support platforms and should stick to 1. That’s why I request that you scrap the freshdesk option and move only to this discourse community.

Hello @Finland737. While we appreciate your feature request, please do not tag the developer.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Sorry I apologise for my mistake, just wanted him to see it that is all.

Understandable. Don’t worry though, he does check the forum very often in the #features requests.

6 Likes

Yes I completely agree with you, greetings.

~ Nine-O-Nine

1 Like

hiya only reason we have two is sometimes people need to send private data to me. i suppose they could just send a PM. I’ll have a think

10 Likes

Thanks for the response Luqmanh, hopefully this can be added.

Here is my opinion - I think FreshDesk has an easier interface in terms of creating a support ticket. I think Discourse is the clear winner here though! A lot of companies seem to be using this software nowadays for their support platforms like Infinite Flight, 000webhost, gearbox etc. I think merging everything into the forums would definitely be a good option. I think FreshDesk lacks quite a lot of features that are offered here and as you said, we have that due to private data being sent. I guess that could still work in DM here though as others wouldn’t see. But you don’t need that many features for support forum though, right? I guess if this would happen, it would be easier with just this single platform. We have a few options here which allow us to track issues like the assign users, tags and categories, meaning we can tag each issue with say crash, bug, critical issue etc to track more easily. I think the forum also offers a way to transfer any open tickets from FreshDesk to here so we aren’t loosing out on anything. I think a feature that could also be enabled is create a topic or reply via email. This means users could create a support ticket direct from their email and would appear in the forum. I believe Discourse also has a support ticket plugin, allowing the creation of support tickets rather than a topic.

I definitely recommend this change, however it might take a bit of time if it were to be added to ensure we get it right. Not sure how many people get support on FreshDesk as well as the forum? I assume more people report there because it’s the first point of call? It will require a bit more moderation on our part, that’s no issue though and could eventually look into the addition of other community staff to assist.

9 Likes

This is a really nice request and I support it, I like a single area for all interactions.

4 Likes

A single platform is better than both.

I am glad I found this community so I think it would a beneficial move and transition everything here.

6 Likes

Thank you so much all for the feedback on the request. I think it’s clear favour for this.

6 Likes

Definitely agreed here, stick to here as its confusing switching platforms.

7 Likes

This would also bring the infinite passengers community together more, community will be more active and we can get more topics, greetings.

~ Nine-O-Nine

5 Likes

Definitely agreed with all of that!

4 Likes

Voted, this seems like a nicely thought out request so thanks for making it. I do believe that this would benefit the IF PAX community as a whole and definitely should happen on here soon. It will mean there is a big platform for all users underneath the same roof.

4 Likes

Agreed with all of your points, it sure will be less complicated and confusing on deciding what platform to go to with the community instead.

3 Likes

Thank you for your support and votes.

3 Likes

I think this would be beneficial to all - voted

7 Likes

Thanks for your support on the request. It’s a needed change so hopefully the integration of platforms start soon.

5 Likes

And my first vote is going to this request. You’ve got a really nice idea here and it will expand Infinite Passengers with a community on a whole new level.

5 Likes