AvGeek Subcategory Spotting

I think a category for spotting would be good. That way they stand out and be easier to find than other RWA topics. It would be a sub category of #Avgeekchat.

Hmmm. Never thought of that. I guess that would be a good idea but remember we have a limited amount of forum space

2 Likes

Should be fine for a bit, if needs be we can always delete the photos and make a new thread

3 Likes

This would be too much like the IFC and I don’t really like or want this to be a clone :grimacing:

5 Likes

I agree with you on some respect that we shouldn’t try to become an IFC clone, but the point still remains that we can add a spotting category without becoming a clone. I guess it just comes down to people’s opinions on whether we’re a clone or not when they first visit.

2 Likes

Agree, however this is a 3rd party app forums…

Maybe just let this be done in the #Avgeekchat, just that each photo or plane needs to have a story behind it. So there’s not too many photos filling up space :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

That sounds like a pretty decent compromise. We wouldn’t want people to just spam a bunch of photos on.

4 Likes

Ehhh. Some people arent necessarily on the IFC anymore and call this forum home so maybe a spotting category does make sense

6 Likes

I call this forum home, the IFC is not really my place however it is more active. And there’s good things and bad things about both forums. Just this is my go to forums…

Back on topic now

7 Likes

Thanks all for the input.

3 Likes

I really don’t think it’s neccesary as they can just use #Avgeekchat.

3 Likes

Like is said, just that each posts needs to have a meaning, to reduce cluster.

3 Likes

Thanks for the opinions. I’ll let an official answer be given now.

Hey

We’ve discussed it within the team and the conclusion is that we’re not going to add it for now. As @aegirN said, we want spotting photos to have enough meaning to be able to go into their own post, rather than have people just post spotting photos because they can.

We appreciate all the input you have though, and if you have any other idea about how to improve the forum, just make a post in #meta and it will get discussed.

Cheers, Pidge

9 Likes

Thank you for the response. I will continue to share my ideas.

2 Likes