Events and Forum Activity

This forum isn’t very active, so I will try my best to make it more active !
Question to the staff, can we please be allowed to start making infinite flight events here and expanding topics ?

1 Like

Btw how do u make a forum like this ?

Make sure you have an extra $100 lying around.

I don’t think we’re allowed to, as events have nothing to do with IFPAX itself. Remember, this is the IFPAX community, not IFCommunity.

Compared to some other aviation forums, for an forum of it’s size, it’s User to Active User ratio is pretty high. So it is quite active if you ask me. The ratio is just under the IFC’s ratio by .1221, so you can say it’s active.

3 Likes

In addition its Christmas period so people won’t be so active.

6 Likes

We do allow some infinite flight discussion, however we do not want to become a clone of the IFC

5 Likes

Even if we do the same topics it won’t be a clone, IFC is bad and has many rude members and staff whereas IPC members are kind and staff are helpful and have common sense. Even though this community isn’t the biggest it is very good.
Btw how many members does this have (advertising purposes)

We have 736 users. Take away about 54 (ish) users as they are suspended.

3 Likes

That’s untrue honestly. Just because you don’t see a lot of activity over the festive season doesn’t mean we’re inactive.

3 Likes

Exactly, we just have to wait until the correct point of the day to see activity. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It doesn’t cost $100 lol as there are other hosting plans.

3 Likes

It’s a good idea but not very practical on the Infinite Passengers forum. For the topics I’d definitely recommend expanding and adding an Infinite Flight category (staff have refused before) but maybe they’ll consider now. You also have to understand for this to happen we need a larger forum base (users) for events. Staff can feel feel to correct me if wrong.

1 Like

We’ve had this requested multiple times and as much as we’d like to add it, we don’t want to deviate from the original purpose. Currently, we offer users the ability to create Infinite Flight themed topics in #general but we could definitely look at the category again. This could in turn promote more activity, however we wouldn’t want it spammed and no other category being used.

4 Likes

Why don’t you add the category on a trial and see?

3 Likes

I think it would be fine to give it a go and see. As @davidC said try giving it a trial.

1 Like

We now have a #infinite-flight category currently to try out. See here:

3 Likes