Feeding Local Air Traffic Controllers

Hello IF PAX community. I am back with guess what, another #Avgeekchat topic. This topic is different so to speak. A few days ago, I messaged one of our local air traffic controllers here in Arkansas and asked if my brother and I can bring them lunch one day. Well, I finally got a reply and the guy I messaged said it would be great appreciated and they would take it with open arms but he has to check with his boss. I do not think his boss will say no as I have talked with these guys before and are a bunch of awesome and professional people.

I will post updates on this thread and I also plan on doing a video and a blog post about this experience.

-Aviator_Ryan

14 Likes

That sounds awesome! I’m really interested to here how this goes!

4 Likes

Me too! I’m excited to have this opportunity!

3 Likes

That’s amazing to go! Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks!! More updates to follow

2 Likes

Sounds great. What an amazing thing to do.

Now all we need is for trump to end the shutdown that is purposefully plunging over 1,000,000 people into poverty

I know everybody says 800,000 but thats not including the 100,000’s of contracters.

3 Likes

Nice gesture Ryan!!!

3 Likes

Excellent gesture there! Be sure to let us know all about it. Great opportunity.

3 Likes

Sounds great. Make sure to let us know what happens.

2 Likes

I will def let you guys knows what happens!

6 Likes

What a great thing to do my friend.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s definitely great to see these guys committed to their work during the government shutdown.

3 Likes

Saw an interesting video about how TSA are required to work without pay during the government shutdown, as they are considered necessary staff. I’ll edit in the link if I can find it.

4 Likes

@Jeff_A it really is! It’s nice to know these guys are still protecting our skies with there professional work!

@pidge wow! They are very important to our safety and keeping commercial travel safe at 30000 feet!

4 Likes

Yep, you’d think they could work out some way of them still getting paid but I guess not. From what i’ve heard, quite a lot of officers are having to get second jobs to support their families.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve heard that as well! It’s super sad situation

3 Likes

What a kind gesture. Do you have a date planned?

2 Likes

I do not as of yet! The guy I talked to has to talk to his boss and he will let me know later tonight!

5 Likes

Awesome! Good luck and keep us updated. Hopefully the government is reopened soon for all of the federal employees.

I hope so too! I hope to have an update for you guys that will be posted here. Stay tuned

5 Likes