Flying with friends

Yesterday, November 21st, I got to have an opportunity of a lifetime. That opportunity you might ask? Well, I got to spend the day flying with my friend who is a captain for a major US regional airline. We flew from Dallas to Mobile and back!

7 Likes

Beautiful wing view! Lucky you to join someone you know on a flight, how come you didn’t get jumpseat? :crazy_face:

Yeah know, my friend and I were talking about this after we got back to DFW. He wished I could ride in the jumpseat, but since I am not approved for it, I cant.

1 Like

Next time hopefully!

1 Like

Maybe so. There are certain airline jobs that qualify someone for the jumpseat. Sadly, my job does not

1 Like

That’s a great experience, sad they didn’t approve you to jump seat, do you really need permission for that?, hope the flight was smooth, greeting.

~ Nine-O-Nine

To fly jumpseat? Yes. In the US, very few people have access to the jumpseat. Some of those people included; other airline pilots. airline dispatchers, ATC, and the FAA. I, as a ramper, do not qualify for the jumpseat even though I work for the airline

That must’ve really sucked, would’ve been a great experience flying up front in the cockpit, what about people like Sam Chui who visit cockpits in flight, other people as well, they don’t work airlines, greetings.

~ Nine-O-Nine

Different countries have different regulations when it comes to that.

1 Like

What an awesome view!

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I see that now, greetings.

~ Nine-O-Nine

1 Like