IFE or Lunch anyone?

Im thinking to add buttons live flight data to the “Flight in progress” screen. Such as:

• Current passenger satisfaction

• Button to serve lunch (new screen will also be added to airline management where you can set price for lunch from either free up to $10). Higher the price the less people that have it. The more than have lunch the higher the passenger satisfaction. So on long haul flight you should ideally give it free.

• Ability to switch between MSL/AGL to fix issues people have been experiencing with penalties (use AGL only at high ground alt locations)

• Ability to play IFE? Or maybe just ability to purchase IFE media in Airline screens - Not sure about this one. Seems a bit gimmicky.

All the above would however require the user to flip between apps. As long as your on autopilot it should be fine. But let me know your thoughts. Its a fair bit of work and only worth doing if theres a lot of demand.

These sound like a great direction for the app to move in; however I do worry about switching back and forth multiple times in terms of disconnections or crashes.

3 Likes

To stop the switching between apps, could the multi tasking feature on iPads be an option to consider?
Edit: I believe that might also stop iOS from killing the app on long flights.

1 Like

Yes potentially… will look into it

2 Likes

Got my vote. Great ideas. Even the IFE sound great.

1 Like

It’s also great to see a dev proposing ideas and getting our opinion.

4 Likes

This is a great idea. Would love the fact of having the ability to purchase lunch and IFE.

I see a potential problem with the switching as some people may become NORDO with ATC due to being away from Infinite Flight. This may lead to ghostings on expert server. Although, they could alternatively use it on casual/solo mode with a clear disclaimer.

5 Likes

The app is designed for solo anyway is it not? But yeah a disclaimer would be fine.

2 Likes

How does it work?:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

We’ll have to wait and see. It may not even happen.

5 Likes

This is such a good idea! It has my vote and I hope to see it implemented in the future. I know I’ll use this a lot

4 Likes

That’s make even more realism. Good thinking Luqman!

4 Likes

Excellent features that would add to realism. You’ve got my vote for sure.

I read the title wrong and thought you were buying us lunch LOL.

7 Likes

Your not the only one :joy:

5 Likes

Just remembered, IF dosen’t support multi-tasking.

2 Likes

It doesn’t support split view, but it does support a slide over window, it just displays the app on top of infinite flight and takes up about a little less than a quarter of the screen.

Read more here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207582

5 Likes

You have my vote. These would be a really great addition especially the lunch idea.

4 Likes

Would the entertainment be provided by IF PAX? Like video clips, music etc or could you select from say YouTube?.

4 Likes

Excellent thinking. This would make app even better you have my support.

4 Likes

The whole controlled IFE was more suited to the days where all passengers had to watch the same crappy movie on the same small screens. i think its not suited to the modern age of flight.

Lunch on the other hand would be good and it can also affect airline earning…so more likely to add that in. Just need to work out ideal way of interacting with the app whilst in flight… although it could all be set before flight i suppose.

and thank you to everyone for your feedback.

16 Likes