Make Live Map On Website

I have another feature request.

In the app we currently have a live map feature which shows all of the flights within Infinite Passengers. My idea is to also add this map to the website so that we can track users in real time without loading the application, would also be easier for airline owners to track their pilots in real time.

That would be really handy

2 Likes

I was thinking of making something like this, a live embeddable map with all airlines flying using IFPAX, but who knows. Maybe if I get support from enough people I might bring up the Idea to Devs and we can work on a map for it.

1 Like

That would probably require Infinite Passengers to make a separate API service.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible and only the developer can do that thing.

3 Likes

Are you an Infinite Passengers developer? No

3 Likes

This post was directed towards the development team and as far as I’m aware you aren’t in the team. I doubt Infinite Passengers have a tool for you to make this at the moment.

1 Like

You guys do not understand. You need an API Key to make them, not the entire apps servers. Anyone can make a map with the API. How do you think Liveflight for example works? It has nothing to do with Infinite Flight Developers, as it’s made with an API.

So before throwing hate at someone, do your research.

3 Likes

Infinite Passengers do not offer a public API as far as I’m aware. This means you won’t be able to create a live map for Infinite Passengers unless you talk to the developer about them making an API to show flights in the app.

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct here. I’m a bit confused here as the thread is a bit over the place, however Infinite Flight do not store the data for pilots flying with Infinite Passengers. All the flying data is stored by Infinite Passengers and that’s how the map was integrated into the app. This map doesn’t show traffic from the Infinite Flight API but gets position data from the app. If you want to make a map for Infinite Passengers, you’ll have to consult with the dev to see. We use the connect API.

5 Likes