Mobile user cards plugin

I think this should be added to the forum. It would allow mobile users to simple click on someones username which brings up their user card. It will then provide direct access to messaging etc.

Demo: https://theme-creator.discourse.org/theme/Johani/mobile-user-cards

11 Likes

Thank you for suggesting this.

I’ve brought it up with the rest of the team to see if it would be worth adding. I personally have seen it used on meta.discourse.org and like it a lot. It’s much easier, simply click on their username and bring up the user card. Obviously you still have the option to go to their profile.

3 Likes

They have now been enabled on all themes here on the forum as a trial. They will only work on mobile devices. Let us know what you think.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t work, reload the page :wink:

2 Likes

Just tried it out… very interesting and nice little feature

2 Likes

Not a big fan of it.

2 Likes

This is something that Discourse is going to make part of forums by default.

Nice little addition to the forum and it’s now even easier to message someone on mobile.

2 Likes

These are handy!! I’ve seen something similar on desktop version of the forum and they are really easy for messaging people quickly!

3 Likes

Yeah, the plugin is basically desktop user cards but for mobile

3 Likes

These are a cool and handy feature.

Handy little feature.

These are a great addition. I can now message someone without going to their full user profile.

3 Likes

Nice feature, I like them a lot.

They are a great addition. Thanks for trialling them here and listening to the community.

2 Likes

Yes you are right!!! Do you plan on keeping them?!?

2 Likes

For now they will stay. Once a few week’s are up then we will have a discussion on whether we want to keep them or not.

3 Likes

These have now been mergerd into the default Discourse behaviour as per latest beta. No need for plugin anymore.