My First Flight...In a Simulator!

My First Flight…In A Simulator!

Just went for a flight on a replica Boeing 737-800 cockpit today. I did a flight from KLGA - KJFK and did one touch and go, and then a full stop landing at KJFK, then went and did a touch and go and then a full stop landing at YMML.

Then I tried the Kai Tak (VHHX) approach, and I’m happy to say that I nailed it! The instructor said that I ‘made it look easy!’

Has cemented my love in aviation even more, and my next step is my PPL.

_MG_0815

11 Likes

Very nice and Lucky! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Great job mate! Hope you had fun flying.

2 Likes

It was certainly awesome!

3 Likes

The best thing I have done ever! I recommend it to anyone!

4 Likes

Next; The A380 Sim in Dubai!

2 Likes

Not even kidding, I looked that up when I got home! LOL

3 Likes

I try that in New England Air Museum and National Air and Space Museum but in National Air and Space Museum, we are doing more of a combat simulator

3 Likes

Looks a great simulator set up! Hope you enjoyed it.

I certainly did! It was amazing! The fact that amazed me, was the amount of work that a pilot did, even when autopilot was on!

Also he said that as soon as the aircraft reaches cruise level, the pilots are already planning there descent and arrival into the destination airport!

2 Likes

I did one of them to

2 Likes

Cool, where was it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a 738 sim a couple years back, it wasn’t full motion but it was surprising how much it felt like you were actually moving.

3 Likes

Yes this one wasn’t full motion either, but certainly felt like you where moving! So realistic!

I would recommend it to anyone!

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s a really fun experience, and I had one at my small local airport so I assume most people’s closest airport will have one.

3 Likes

Went to the city to do mine!

2 Likes

Oh right, still definitely worth it!

3 Likes

I had my simulator training in Zürich last summer.
It’s been on a Swiss B777-200ER.
IFR from Zurich to Milan Malpensa.
Approach RWY34R and full stop in LIMC, then back to LSZH where we executed a go around and landed on the RWY34 (picture).

4 Likes