New Changes - Forum Interface

Community,

Some changes have now been made to the interface of the forum. This is still a work in progress and some things may still change as time marches on.

Here is a summary of what’s new…

New User Banner

We’ve added a new banner as a trial. This aims to give new users more vital information to participate in the community. This can be dismissed by the user and extended/collapsed as appropriate. The banner will display on both desktop and mobile devices. This is still a WIP so may change overtime.

banner_wip

New Tag Icons

We’ve added a few colour coded icons to our tag list now. This should make it easier to visualise the tags added to the topic and see them more clearly.

tags

Let us know your thoughts on the tag icons below!

Quick Action Menu

A new menu has been added when you click on your profile picture in the top right. You should now notice a new wrench icon. This menu contains quick links to certain forum features, however is not yet complete and we will add more links overtime.

QAM

The current links for normal users (non-staff) are:

• Forum appearance
• Muted topics
• Top topics
• Moderators
• Category notifications
• Top monthly readers

The aim of this is to prevent you scrolling through multiple pages to find what you are looking for.

If you’d like to see any quick actions added then let us know below!

We’re always looking at ways to improve the forum and user experience! Feel free to send any requests or feedback our way and we’ll see what we can do :).

Cheers!

13 Likes

I’m loving the icons they’ll really help, the Quick Action Menu i am sure will come in handy and the banner, thats going to be really useful for everyone not just new users but especially them.

Thanks for adding these.

1 Like

Thanks, never fail to amaze us Thomas :wink:

5 Likes

Great changes, thanks so much for adding these new features.

2 Likes

Happy new year!

Is the table of contents feature new also?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s also a new feature. I didn’t document it in the OP as was still checking it out with a few topics. You’ll see it added on a few topics currently and it aims to take you to specific parts without the need to scroll all the way. I’d say it’s been a pretty handy feature so far :).

5 Likes

Great new features Thomas, this will help new users utilise their time here.

2 Likes

Ok thank you for answering.

2 Likes

Snazzy new features!

1 Like