Our Latest Staff Addition!

Hey everyone,

Please give a warm welcome to our latest staff member @Ondrejj.

Ondrejj has been a productive member of the forum since he joined. He has been actively encouraging discussions by creating topics/replies, welcoming new users and supporting others.

Ondrejj also has an extensive knowledge in the workings of Discourse (the software our forum runs on) so will be able to assist further as we develop the forum. He hosts his own Aviation forum. Ondrejj is also active with testing the software, searching for any bugs and reporting them on Discourse Meta. He has been granted the “bug reporter” badge on Discourse Meta.

We believe that @Ondrejj will excel in this new role as a community staff, however also help in terms of development as we continue to expand the forum.

Here is a link to his profile:

Please give Ondrejj a few days to settle in and get up to speed.

This will conclude our staff team for now.

How do I become a moderator / staff?

As of now, we currently don’t take any direct requests for this position. The community admins will decide on new moderators and only promote if more are needed. The best way to become a moderator is to be an active and loyal forum member. Promote some positive discussion, welcome new users and assist users who may need help. We base our selection on multiple factors to ensure only the most loyal forum members are promoted to moderator.

We do also have an application process which may be opened up to allow the general public to apply for moderator. Although, we do still take a lot of factors into account when opening public applications. Keep an eye out in case we decide to do public applications.

Thanks for being part of the community!

Best of luck @Ondrejj!
Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 23.15.23

14 Likes

Nice. Congrats @Ondrejj!

3 Likes

Thanks Thomas! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Ondrejj, yet another forum to add to your moderator / admin list.

5 Likes

Yeah I suppose. It’s getting confusing :joy:

4 Likes

Nice one @Ondrejj, congratulations on staff

1 Like

Another one! Congrats @Ondrejj

1 Like

Proof that brown nosing will get you far. Very well done @Ondrejj on staff.

1 Like

Thanks @davidC @Chris18 @GermanDude. I had to look up brown-nosing :joy:

5 Likes

Nice job @Ondrejj! Best of luck in your new role

1 Like

Super excited for you and congratulations :partying_face:

1 Like

I know @Ondrejj deserved it, in fact we were talking to him about getting staff soon. :joy:

1 Like

Well done @Ondrejj! Thanks for your support to our community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Laminar! Nice to see you active again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @Ondrejj!

1 Like

Congrats, hope we’re not too much of a handful.
Will be good to have a real pro on hand Sorry @anon85169546

3 Likes