Real World Flying meets Infinite Flight

Hello community:

Today I bring you a somewhat different topic… Using Infinite Flight to help and sharpen real world flying skills. As many of you know, I am currently working on my instrument rating. With that, my buddy and I went out a few days ago to practice holds and do some ILS approaches. After that, I decided why not load into the sim and go to my local airport and do the exact same thing my buddy and I did in the real world. With that, the following screenshots are from LiveFlight and Foreflight with IF reading it. CERCY%20HOLDS%20AND%20HOGGA%20HOLDS

Using%20IF%20to%20practice%20IFR%20stuff
Using IF to practice IFR stuff.JPG1066x553 98.9 KB

The first picture of when I was holding doing holds at the outer marker/IAF for the ILS runway 1 into the SRC airport. It also shows where I held at HOGGA after going missed off the RNAV (GPS) Approach runway 19 at SRC. The second picture shows a wider view of the holds as well as shooting the RNAV (GPS) approach two times, one from LYONN (IAF) and the other one from VITLS (IAF). The last two pictures show me flying in the hold while flying on IF.

IMG_1382 IMG_1382

I hope you enjoy this topic. Please fill free to add questions if you have any.

13 Likes

Wow! I love the people who bring realism into the simulator… Isn’t it lovely that we have the #Avgeekchat so we can talk about stuff just like this?!? :nerd_face:

Thanks for showing us! I might have to do something like this soon

3 Likes

Thanks. It is wonderful. I hope more people realize what this sim is all about. If you need me to teach you how to do it expertly, let me know and I can show you haha

5 Likes

This is great! Thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Great to see more realism by incorporating real world into Infinite Flight.

Good to see more pilots bringing realism to Infinite Flight. Haven’t heard of someone doing this type of thing before.

@Jeff_A @FlyingTiger thanks. I do believe that sims have an impact of someone’s RW flying so if they can practice in the sim then they will be profiecent at it in the real world

3 Likes

Excellent. Love the fact you practice in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Damn, that’s great bringing real life into IF. Ngl it would be pretty dope to get a licence but I’m probably not going to go down that path - I’m more just have aviation as a hobby.

You could still get one and just use it as a hobby

Could do, but it’s a rather expensive hobby.

2 Likes