We are searching for a new moderator: Its time for YOU to decide…

ANNOUNCEMENT: Its time for YOU to decide…

We have reviewed the exciting range of fantastic, in-depth range of applications. We absolutely intend to deliver extensive feedback to any application willing for it.

Sadly, we cannot promote everyone, and equally cannot make that decision ourselves either. In the interest of hearing the people, so to speak, we want you to vote for your next moderator.

In his application, Callum said:

Good Evening,

I would like to inform you that i am interested in applying for the moderation opening on the IPC that was advertised earlier this evening.

Now i believe i would fit this role very well as i am an active member of the community who holds the rank of TL3 and runs the IP News Service. I also have a passion for aviation, love the app and enjoy helping others in many different ways and i understand how discourse works to an extent and have previous experience in management and more mainly within the IFC VA Community.

I hope you will take my application in to consideration and would be more than willing to assist you in answering any questions you may have for me. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Callum

Pidge said:

Hey,

Just thought I’d put in my application for mod. As you probably know, I’ve been on the IFC for at least a couple years. I’ve moderated a lot of discourse forums before and am very familiar with that sort of thing. I also can work well on teams and tend to get along with most people. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

0 voters

Voting will close tomorrow morning at 0800z … Announcements will follow shortly after.

Finally, Thank you to everyone who applied for this exciting opportunity, moving forward we very much intend to open the application process again for future vacancies.

14 Likes

Great to see the community are getting a chance to apply. Unfortunately, I won’t be applying as I don’t have the time. Good luck to everyone applying! When do we find out the new moderator?

10 Likes

A decision will be made on Friday once we have reviewed all the applications.

7 Likes

Great to see people can apply! I’m too busy or I would!! Good luck all :smile:

3 Likes

I always have wonder what it is like to be a moderator so no matter what, I will become a moderator and let’s face the challenges

2 Likes

Thanks! Let’s hope it’s a good choice.

4 Likes

5 hours remaining! Get those applications in.

Will you be our next mod?

7 Likes

Will you be considering other things than just the application?

6 Likes

It would be reasonable to assume so

5 Likes

Yes, absolutely. We will definatley look at forum activity and overall maturity of the user. We will also look at a number of factors including days visited, contribution, any flags, warnings, suspensions, staff notes etc.

7 Likes

Good luck to all who apply. Can’t wait to see who will be the chosen one.

6 Likes

Two Hours To Go.

Best of luck to everybody

6 Likes

There is less than an hour to go. Last chance to apply. We have quite a few applications already!

6 Likes

I guess time is up!!

1 Like

Yep. Time is now up and we will review all applications and select our new moderator.

5 Likes

anticipation

Can’t wait!!

6 Likes

Haven’t got to say anything but this awesome you guys are letting users apply! It shows that nobody is heavily favored over one another! Good luck to all and may the force be with you!

6 Likes

ANNOUNCEMENT: Its time for YOU to decide…

We have reviewed the exciting range of fantastic, in-depth range of applications. We absolutely intend to deliver extensive feedback to any application willing for it.

Sadly, we cannot promote everyone, and equally cannot make that decision ourselves either. In the interest of hearing the people, so to speak, we want you to vote for your next moderator.

In his application, Callum said:

Good Evening,

I would like to inform you that i am interested in applying for the moderation opening on the IPC that was advertised earlier this evening.

Now i believe i would fit this role very well as i am an active member of the community who holds the rank of TL3 and runs the IP News Service. I also have a passion for aviation, love the app and enjoy helping others in many different ways and i understand how discourse works to an extent and have previous experience in management and more mainly within the IFC VA Community.

I hope you will take my application in to consideration and would be more than willing to assist you in answering any questions you may have for me. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Callum

Pidge said:

Hey,

Just thought I’d put in my application for mod. As you probably know, I’ve been on the IFC for at least a couple years. I’ve moderated a lot of discourse forums before and am very familiar with that sort of thing. I also can work well on teams and tend to get along with most people. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

0 voters

Voting will close tomorrow morning at 0800z … Announcements will follow shortly after.

Finally, Thank you to everyone who applied for this exciting opportunity, moving forward we very much intend to open the application process again for future vacancies.

12 Likes